In an effort to support students’ unique transition to the U of M and their persistence to graduation, Orientation & Transition Experiences offers high quality, dynamic, experiences that cultivate community while empowering students to champion their development and leverage campus resources.
- Belonging: Continually finding a sense of connection.
- Collaboration: Creating synergy through intentional partnerships.
- Inclusion: Advocating for equity in our programs and on our campus.
- Personal Growth: An ongoing process of self improvement and skill development.
- Student Success: Empowering students to thrive as they persist to graduation.
- Incoming first-year students (both freshmen and transfers)
- Current first-year students through their first two semesters
- Current second-year students through their third and fourth semesters
- Upperclassmen with over 400 student leadership and employment opportunities
- Helping students understand and thrive in their transition
- Creating a welcoming environment
- Communicating academic expectations and pathways
- Sharing information about how to navigate resources
- Fostering community development
- Conveying the importance of student engagement
- Connecting new students with peer leaders