About the UU
The Undergrad Update is a bi-weekly email newsletter that connects and informs all Twin Cities undergraduate students of events, resources, and opportunities that serve to enhance the overall student experience. The Undergrad Update is sent every other Monday throughout the Fall and Spring semesters.
Mailing Schedule & Previous Mailings
Who can submit content?
All University of Minnesota -Twin Cities, departments that work with undergraduates should have a representative to provide content to the Undergrad Update.
If you do not know who represents your department, check with your communications manager/director or check this current list of content providers.
- be resources, events, and information that apply to all undergraduate students.
- be sponsored by or directly involved with at least one University department and University relationship must be clearly visible.
- be relevant on campus.
- provide a link to an official University website with more information. (Links to Facebook event pages or groups will NOT be accepted)
- only be submitted once per semester. (Unless there is a significant reason to repeat, approved by OUE and OSA). Calendar items in the “Upcoming Events” section may be repeated.
- be between 30-50 words.
- be proofread, verified, and edited prior to submission.
- be submitted at least one week prior to the mailing date using the content submission form found at z.umn.edu/ugcontent.
Items NOT included:
- Promoting a student group or student group event (unless sponsored by a University department or college)
- Promoting specific courses within an academic department offered at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
- Job postings or research study recruitment
- Small scale opportunities or resources aimed at a small population of students.
- Postings that are intended to promote corporate sponsorship or profit by an individual/outside agency.