The mission of OFYP is to provide quality transitional experiences that maximize students' potential for personal and academic success. Our Core Values include 1) student success, which is dedicated to the success of each individual; 2) building community to celebrating diversity, encouraging responsibility, and creating a sense of belonging; 3) collaboration with the intent of strengthening our work by building internal and external relationships; 4) leadership for developing the leader within each of us; and 5) commitment to excellence, for pursuing our work with professionalism, innovation, scholarship, and integrity.
- Helping students understand and thrive in their transition
- Creating a welcoming environment
- Communicating academic expectations and pathways
- Sharing information about how to navigate resources
- Fostering community development
- Conveying the importance of student engagement
- Connecting new students with peer leaders